Message composition mode on a per Identity basis? [linux]

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tattersford

Message composition mode on a per Identity basis? [linux]

Post by tattersford »

Currently using TB 102.0.2 under openSUSE linux.

When using (Account) "Identities" it was possible to set the message composition mode, i.e. plain text or HTML, on a per identity basis using the setting: Account Settings -> Manage Identities -> (Select Identity -> Edit) -> Composition & Addressing -> "Compose messages in HTML format"

This no longer appears to work, it seems to be over-ridden by the setting: Account Settings -> Composition & Addressing -> "Compose messages in HTML format" - meaning all identities are either plain text or HTML composition.

Is this a feature which has been deprecated, although still appearing as a setting under Manage Identities.

I know this previously worked; all but one of my Identities are set to plain text composition, the one that is set to HTML composition is very seldom used, and I'm unsure when this stopped working.
tanstaafl

Re: Message composition mode on a per Identity basis? [linux

Post by tanstaafl »

I can duplicate the problem, but suspect its a regression bug, not a deprecated feature. The same problem occurs with 102.0.3 and 91.11.0 under Windows 11Pro. I'll submit a bug report.
tattersford

Post by tattersford »

@tanstaafl
Many thanks for confirming that issue. Appreciate you creating a bug report, could you provide a link to that please so I can follow it's progress?
tattersford

Post by tattersford »

tanstaafl wrote:... I'll submit a bug report.
I don't seem to be able to locate this bug (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/query.cgi?format=specific), I guess I'm not using the correct search terms :(

Do you know if there is any progress on this?

Thanks.
tattersford

Post by tattersford »

@tanstaafl

OK - Problem solved.

Thanks for your help :)