My message preview has stopped

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Cullers

My message preview has stopped

Post by Cullers »

Without warning (after an Thunderbird update yesterday or the day before), Thunderbird has stopped showing my emails in the preview pane. No idea what caused it. What can I do to get the preview back please?
DanRaisch

Re: My message preview has stopped

Post by DanRaisch »

Is the preview pane not visible or is it there but empty?
How is the account set up, as POP or IMAP? In Thunderbird the menu path is Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Cullers

Post by Cullers »

Hi Thanks for replying. It is setup for IMAP, the preview window is there... just the box/frame where the contents usually is has an arrow icon labelled 'reply'.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Toolbar_or_wi ... ot_working

I suggest you start by deleting the xulstore.json and session.json files in the profile. When you restart Thunderbird it will create replacements using default values, so you will need to customize your toolbars again.
Cullers

Post by Cullers »

I just tried the above solution and it was just the same on restarting. :(
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Try "If deleting xulstore.json doesn't help, try deleting xulstore.json, directoryTree.json , foldertree.json (used by folder pane) , mailviews.dat (message views) , search.json, session.json (snapshot of the windows layout), and XUL.mfl (cached user data) instead." The last file is a legacy file that might not exist if you created a new profile in the last year or so.

Are you using 91.12.0 or 102.1.0?
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

Using the Conversations add-on? If so, disable it and see if the contents appear.