After 102.1.1(64bit) Update - Cannot download Message Body

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Netman7

After 102.1.1(64bit) Update - Cannot download Message Body

Post by Netman7 »

Hi,

TB 64 bit installed on Windows 11Pro (64bit) was working great until I allowed it to update to version 102.1.1 on August 6th (from ver 102.1) and it no longer allows me to download the Message Body.

All my mail accounts are set to POP Mail and by default only download Headers, unless I click on' Download the rest of the Message.' It is downloading headers OK but nothing happens if I click to download the rest of the message. The same behavior for gmail and non-gmail accounts.

If I change the mail server settings and UN-check 'download headers' only then it downloads the whole message OK but not if I set it to Headers only on message check and rest of the message only selectively afterwards as I have done for years.

Please help

Thanks
tanstaafl

Re: After 102.1.1(64bit) Update - Cannot download Message Bo

Post by tanstaafl »

I can duplicate the problem using a Gmail POP account set to fetch headers only, using Win11Pro 64-bit.

I'll enable POP3 logging, try to capture the POP3 traffic while reproducing the problem again and file a bug report in the morning. I'll post a link to the bug report.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I submitted https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1783878

The POP session logging showed the headers were fetched and no attempt made to fetch the message body later on. The POP account used maildir (each message stored as a separate *.eml file) so it was easy to find the stored message. It never got the message body, it still had the link.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Supposedly this is fixed in 102.1.2