SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] ??

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
PVP

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] ??

Post by PVP »

Do not know what that subject is - cannot find my post without that line coming up.
Also, messages are NOT showing up in my SENT folder. What is up with this program?? I wish I could go back to earlier version. 102 is quirky!!
tanstaafl

Re: SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] ??

Post by tanstaafl »

If you provide more details somebody might be able to help. While 102 has had teething problems I suspect you ran into a generic problem.

I suggest you start by using the quick filter bar for searching the current folder as a workaround. Its enabled using view -> toolbars.

Is your sent folder in a POP or IMAP account?

I'm going to assume its a POP account. Thunderbird has a nasty habit where if a bad error occurs it may change the local directory (directory used to store an accounts folders). Your old mail still exists, but is now ignored. It will typically change to a new directory based on the old name, with a numeric suffix. i.e. pop.gmail.com => pop.gmail-1.com. If this occurs it will automatically create the special folders (inbox, sent etc.) but not copy the old contents. It will not create replacements for any folders that you manually created.

That directory is specified at the bottom of the accounts server settings, next to a Browse button. You can change it back.
PVP

Post by PVP »

Sorry - did not see this msg until today. I am not sure but when I went to the servr settings it said server type imap...so not POP I guess. If I could retrieve that email I would be SOOOO happy. Thanks again.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Where you using global search? If so try deleting the global-messages-db.sqlite file in the profile and let it rebuild it. Your performance might suffer for a couple of minutes to a half hour as it rebuilds it.

When that file gets corrupted searches can fail and/or it keeps downloading mail repeatably.