Caldav issues after upgrading from v91

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
alain_deloin

Caldav issues after upgrading from v91

Post by alain_deloin »

Hi,

After some search and googling, i've come here for guidance :)

I've launched the update for all our users (about 200) and what a week it's been... So much 'frozen thunderbird' calls and calendar-data folders needed to be wiped out.

3 months ago we upgraded our old mailing/calendar system to one based on sogo, and it was working great on v91. It seems people that have the most issues are the ones with remnannts of the old calendars (some apparently did not bother removing old unworking calendars, even though our internal documentation clearly said so) or ones with more than 15 calendars configured.But it was all working fine on v91.
Anyway, what could be the culprit here ? I actually had my own tbird stuck yesterday when i came to work, and my calendar doesn't have any old calendar left

On every thunderbird start the calendar seems very slow to update, like it's starting from an empty cache.
Any thought on this ?

Best regards
tanstaafl

Re: Caldav issues after upgrading from v91

Post by tanstaafl »

Are you using the built-in CalDAV support or are you using an add-on such as version 78 of the SoGo connector or the CardBook add-on?

Are you also using the TBSync add-on? Supposedly it still has problems working with version 102.

Have you tried using another CalDAV provider such as https://fruux.com on one PC to verify that this problem is a SoGo Groupware specific problem?

Version 102 defaults to requiring TLS v1.2 or later. Does your SoGo groupware support that? If not, you can workaround that by setting security.tls.version.min to 1 using the config editor.

I searched this forum and the official support forum and didn't spot anything about SoGo related problems with 102. https://www.mail-archive.com/users@sogo ... 31480.html
alain_deloin

Post by alain_deloin »

Yes it's the builtin mode we are using, plugins are something i try to stay far away in general (especially for something important like this).

I don't know if it's sogo related, or just that thunderbird v102 has an issue in the area.
For at least 20 stations, the issue was so big thunderbird couldn't even start anymore (even using shift key to start thunderbird in troubleshoot mode), and the only thing to do was wipe out the calendar-data folder, which gave the time to allow unsuscribing to all calendars. Not doing anything would make thunderbird freeze again while gathering calendar data.

For tls security, i did check on a pc that we use for spare which was still on v91, the value is already = 3 (which i assume means tls 1.3)
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I know there were a lot of calendar related problems when 102 was first available on thunderbird.net but I thought it had been fixed by the time it was available as a automated update to 91.*.

Are you using 102.2.2?
alain_deloin

Post by alain_deloin »

yes, it was a straight upgrade from v91
alain_deloin

Post by alain_deloin »

Just to give some closure on the issue, it seems the latest tbird relases (102.3 right now) has solved all our problems. It's clearly faster at boot, even with loaded calendars and zero freezing issues.