Cannot Send Emails

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Nolly

Cannot Send Emails

Post by Nolly »

If I attempt to send an Email from Thunderbird it does not get sent. I changed the Password on my British Telecom Account and I have had problems since then.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
DanRaisch

Re: Cannot Send Emails

Post by DanRaisch »

I changed the Password on my British Telecom Account and I have had problems since then.
What version of Thunderbird? Please report the numeric version, not "latest" as that term can be ambiguous.
Where did you make that change?
If you first made the change in Thunderbird you need to log into the account's web mail page and make the password change there as well.
If you first made the change on the web mail page, have you tried deleting the two entries for that account in Thunderbird, then shut down and restarted the program and entered the correct password value when it is requested by Thunderbird?
Nolly

Post by Nolly »

DanRaisch, Thank you for your response. My apologies for not getting back sooner.

I was going to answer all your questions but the need has gone.
I had done all that you suggested but I had done it before.
The day after the problem, I noted that I could not log in to the British Telecom (BT) Website.
On checking with the DownDetector Website, I noted that the BT Website was being reported as 'Down'
for many areas in England. I also noted that the day before there were many outages reported.
I believe this was the cause of my problem. When the BT Website became accessible again, I was
able to send Emails.

Thank you , Nolly
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.