Bug in address books sorting?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
afora

Bug in address books sorting?

Post by afora »

Hi, I have a coupla dozen individual address books which all worked fine before moving to v102. Now upon adding a hosted address book to the "Address book" tab/app/window , I struggle to have the address book to appear in the right alphabetical order. It's just added to the very end of the books listing, right above Collected Addresses book. It does not resort itself, I cannot manually move it up, it really is a very upsetting new "feature".

Does anybody know if there's any way to force a specific sort order on address books?

Many thanks!
tanstaafl

Re: Bug in address books sorting?

Post by tanstaafl »

Seems to work for me using 102.4.1 under Windows 11Pro though I only have two address books.

What do you mean by hosted address book? Its on a local LDAP server, a remote CardDAV server or ....? If that requires an add-on that seems the likely culprit.
afora

Post by afora »

Yeah, I meant a remote CardDAV address book. Added and managed by TB's own sync functionality. No add ons.

Could somebody replicate this?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

The problem might be dependent upon what CardDAV provider you are using. Who are you using?
afora

Post by afora »

It's Nextcloud v24.0.4.

Cheers!
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Can you suggest a free CardDAV provider that uses that version of NextCloud? For example I've used CardDAV with a free account at fruux.com , which uses sabre/dav
mtalbot

Post by mtalbot »

This is a demo site that Nextfiles have kindly made a available.

PS: I am not connected with Nextfiles in any way, I just found them after a quick Internet search.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I can use the demo using a browser but can't find any information that would let me connect to it using Thunderbird.
mtalbot

Post by mtalbot »

From what I can tell, you need to use the following link for the CardDAV connection

Code: Select all

https://demo21.nextfiles.eu/remote.php/dav/addressbooks/users/user/contacts/
with
username == user
password == demo123

The only other thing to check is that there are contacts in the system (they seem to delete the existing ones on a regular basis).