Address Book does not work

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
cullism

Address Book does not work

Post by cullism »

Up to now I could open the Address Book, select a group (e.g. Book Club) then press Write and compose a message to all the contacts in the group. Tonight I found that I could not do this. All that happened was that a pane listing those contacts appeared. All that I could do was edit them individually. I had the same problem trying to write an email to an individual in the Address Book. To make matters worse, all my email accounts vanished and I had to recreate them. This all occurred after a recent Windows 10 update. I ended up doing a System Restore to a point before the recent update. The first problem remains. Can anyone explain what has happened and how I can write an email for a group?
DanRaisch

Re: Address Book does not work

Post by DanRaisch »

What version of TB are you running? Did you recently update the program?
cullism

Post by cullism »

I am running version 102.6.1, which, Thunderbird teels me, is the latest version. My problem(s) appeared to follow the most recent Windows 10 update. Initially all of the accounts I have on Thunderbird vanished. I started to re-attach them but decided instead to restore the computer to the pre-update state, after which my accounts reappeared. The problem with the Address Book persisted, even after I reinstalled Thunderbird.
cullism

Post by cullism »

Whist the problem continues I have added Cardbook so that I can now send the emails I couldn't send usig the Thunderbird address book.emails