copied from my bringing up tbird on windows 10 thread

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
karenanne

copied from my bringing up tbird on windows 10 thread

Post by karenanne »

#2 is a BUG:

I got quite aways along, and had my gmail account in place, then I tried to add the account my ISP Cox provides.

1 I realize this is an idiot question and I should have done a screengrab, but near the end of installing the ISP account, the process sort of asked me if I wanted to link up some stuff. I had not seen this when I installed the first account. Also there was no way to say yes or no and no explanation of what the stuff was. So I clicked continue or whatever the button was. Would like to know what was going on there.

2. Separately, I tested sending and receiving email

The gmail account receives email from everything I tried including the ISP account. It sent successfully to several places but email it sent to the ISP account never arrived.

The ISP account sent email successfully to everything I tried including the gmail account and it received email from several places but not from the gmail account.

I then went up to the browser, logged into my gmail account, send an email to the ISP account, and it arrived.

So something is broken in thunderbird with sending email from the gmail account to the ISP account...
DanRaisch

Re: copied from my bringing up tbird on windows 10 thread

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Thunderbird Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here and the presented issue doesn't suggest a program bug.

Did you check the Cox account web mail inbox using a browser to see if the message you sent ever arrived there. If you try to send a message from Google web mail page to that Cox account does it arrive in the account's web mail inbox?
karenanne

Post by karenanne »

DanRaisch wrote:Moving to Thunderbird Support as no specific bug has yet been identified here and the presented issue doesn't suggest a program bug.

Did you check the Cox account web mail inbox using a browser to see if the message you sent ever arrived there. If you try to send a message from Google web mail page to that Cox account does it arrive in the account's web mail inbox?
I checked "everything," using thunderbird and gmail and cox mail on browsers. It fails to arrive at Cox (either thunderbird Cox or browser Cox) only when it is sent from thunderbird gmail to the Cox email address. Sending from browser gmail to the Cox email address works, it arrives at Cox browser and Cox thunderbird.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Do the messages you are sending from Thunderbird to that Cox account include a signature or any images or are they formatted in HTML? If so, do the messages arrive on the Cox server if you send them as plain text messages with no signature or images?