Text messaging in Tbird (solved)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
TheCoalCracker

Text messaging in Tbird (solved)

Post by TheCoalCracker »

In Tbird ver 102.11.0.
I've been using text messaging in Tbird for a few years, but lately they've been getting rejected.
The email format has been "number@vtext.com" for Verizon, "number@txt.att.net" for ATT, etc.
Perhaps this isn't a Tbird issue, but it seems strange that at least two carriers have been rejecting messages lately.
Went back to ver 102.10.0 with same results.
Last edited by TheCoalCracker on May 26th, 2023, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pauliemon

Re: Text messaging in Tbird

Post by Pauliemon »

TheCoalCracker wrote:In Tbird ver 102.11.0.
I've been using text messaging in Tbird for a few years, but lately they've been getting rejected.
The email format has been "number@vtext.com" for Verizon, "number@txt.att.net" for ATT, etc.
Perhaps this isn't a Tbird issue, but it seems strange that at least two carriers have been rejecting messages lately.
Went back to ver 102.10.0 with same results.
I'm still able to text my one friend who has Verizon for a cell carrier using the @vtext.com ending. I have the latest version of T-Bird. So not quite sure whats causing your issue. Who knows, maybe something like your anti virus software. If you back up your profile and try installing a totally fresh version of T-bird and try to send a text to see if that works...
TheCoalCracker

Re: Text messaging in Tbird

Post by TheCoalCracker »

Just this morning (05/26/2023), after updating Tbird to 102.11.1, Verizon started working. Used the @vzwpix.com ending.
Will try an ATT number. Will post any results.
ATT also working using the @txt.att.net ending.
Perhaps it was gmail???