TB 102.10.0 Odd Filter problem

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ACFairbanks

TB 102.10.0 Odd Filter problem

Post by ACFairbanks »

Hello,

Under Win 10 22H2, I run TB 102.10.0 using a number of Message Filters successfully... All but one, that is...

The odd one is named NOTE14 APPS LOCAL -> SUCCESS and those characters are copied, and pasted in from the Subject line of the incoming message itself when I open the Message Filters dialog. "Manually Run" is Checked. "Getting new mail filter before Junk Classification" is Checked. "Match all of the following" is checked. "Subject is" is pasted in as NOTE14 APPS LOCAL -> SUCCESS. Then Move to APPS on XYZ (specifying a destination folder.)

But when I select the filter, and click Run Now, nothing happens... more than a dozen filters work perfectly with the same details, but not this one.

When a new message comes in with NOTE14 APPS LOCAL -> SUCCESS in the Subject line, it appears in the Inbox, and stays there.

But please allow me to provide one more piece of information:

If I copy the Subject Line of the message as it sits in the Inbox, and paste it into the Subject Line of a new message that I then send to myself, the filter works perfectly. (And that happens every time...)

What might be causing this odd situation? And how might I get this filter to work properly?

Very sincere thanks,

A.C.
Gone Postal

Re: TB 102.10.0 Odd Filter problem

Post by Gone Postal »

Is there a rogue space which has found its way to the start or end of either the filter action or e-mail subject?
ACFairbanks

Post by ACFairbanks »

Hi again,

I would call it "CIA Top Secret" Rogue.

Yes, there was an extra space, but I had looked for it only on the TB side (without success,) and not on the sending side where, with your kind help, I spotted it.

Also, might you have any thoughts about why the filter worked when I sent the identical text to myself?

In any case, all is now working as it should, and I sincerely appreciate your assistance,

A.C.
Gone Postal

Post by Gone Postal »

ACFairbanks wrote:Hi again,

I would call it "CIA Top Secret" Rogue.

Yes, there was an extra space, but I had looked for it only on the TB side (without success,) and not on the sending side where, with your kind help, I spotted it.

Also, might you have any thoughts about why the filter worked when I sent the identical text to myself?

In any case, all is now working as it should, and I sincerely appreciate your assistance,

A.C.
You're welcome.