Advanced Attributes - Safe?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
marksmalley

Post by marksmalley »

Okay - I found 4 inbox.msf files with a deep search.

If I move all of the email from the Inbox folder of my main account to the Inbox of my Local Folder - is it then safe to delete the Inbox folder for my main account - and all inbox.msf files?

That's the only way I can think of to phrase the question.

I've run into problems in the past moving and deleting files (and folders) without making sure they were actually copied successfully in another folder.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

You want to delete the Inbox (no extension) and inbox.msf, not the inbox folder named inbox.sbd And yes, as long as you moved the messages, you will be ok.
marksmalley

Post by marksmalley »

Success!

A quick to thank you for your help.

The profile is back down to 200 MB.

I tried to rename the new Profile (because I didn't like all the "letters" dot name). It said the profile was in use. I looked up the problem in the knowledge base - messed around - and fixed it :)

But when I start "compacting folders" the application stays on the Inbox forever. If I stop it and compact the other folders individually it works fine. Any insight to this?

Thanks.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Much Better!

TB names the profile that way for security reasons. Much harder for hackers to find if it has a random name. And, you can't work with the profile with TB open ;-)

Not sure why it's still doing that. You might just want to compact the folders individually for a while including the inbox when you have time to let it work. It may still be tring to get rid of some of the deletes.

For the future, don't store messages in the inbox. Create some other folder for saves and move them there. This helps to keep the inbox healthy.