LDAP adressbook witn no authorization problem

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Radek

LDAP adressbook witn no authorization problem

Post by Radek »

I need help to configure LDAP addressbook in thunderbird. I have configured my ldap addressbook but it doesn't return any addresses.
I have entered ldap Hostname, "Base DN", port number and "Bind DN" in "Directory Server Properties" dialog.
My ldap server doesn't use authorization, but when I tried to download addressbook records using the "off-line" tab -> Download button thunderbird asked me about username and password. After that, it displayed ampty list of records.

For exaplme the following command:

ldapsearch -x -H ldap://ldaphost -b 'O=SOMETHING,C=PL'

works OK and lists address records on my system.

I use linux debian 3.0 and thunderbird 0.3 (I used 0.2 before but there where the same problem with it).

Can anyone help ? I have no experience with ldap yet.
LayZ

Post by LayZ »

Does the autocomplete feature work, i.e. when you're online and you start to type in a name in the To: part of the message, will it bring down a list of possible suggestions?

Post by Guest »

Yes ! the autocomplete function works !!! I have just checked it. So it seems thunderbird can get data from my ldap host. But Is it possible to view list of all entries in my ldap addressbook ? And how to make the off-line function work ?

Additional testing - strange behavior

Post by Guest »

Hi

I have done additional testing. I found out that not all addreses are found in autocomplete functions. I have tryed different person names and I coudn't find any rule, that the name is "autocompleted" or not.On the other hand the "search for" function seems to find all persons (even that autocomplete function didn't). Can anyone explain this ?

Thanks.
Radek

Autocomplete function doesn't work with LDAP for me !

Post by Radek »

Sorry, I was mistake !!! Autocomplete function has worked only with adresses from "Personal Address Book", not LDAP addresses (I had some addresses doubled). Now, when I removed addresses from "Personal Address Book" autocomplete function doesn't find any address that LDAP stores. So the only function that is working for now is "Search for" function with LDAP address book. It really searches records from LDAP. Autocomplete and off-line functions don't work.

Any suggestions ?