export parts of messagetext to Word

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
snoet

export parts of messagetext to Word

Post by snoet »

Hi,

I have been using Thunderbird for some months now, and find it a great programm.

I have one question, though.

If I want to take a certain portion out of the message body to store it somewhere else (for future reference) in for example Word. How do I do this? I can highlight the portion I want to, but then how do I go about in storing it somewhere else.
Also I see no copy/paste/icons.

Please help!

Snoet
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Snoet -

Copy, paste, etc. are standard edit options, found in the Edit pull down menu of nearly all current programs.

The standard Windows (if that's what you're using) keyboard shortcuts of Ctrl-C (copy) and Ctrl-V (paste) work also.

You can customize your tool bar to add Copy and Paste icons if you wish. Right-click on the tool bar, select Customize, then drag the icons you want to the bar.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
snoet

Post by snoet »

Thank you very much, makaiguy!

Snoet

makaiguy wrote:Snoet -

Copy, paste, etc. are standard edit options, found in the Edit pull down menu of nearly all current programs.

The standard Windows (if that's what you're using) keyboard shortcuts of Ctrl-C (copy) and Ctrl-V (paste) work also.

You can customize your tool bar to add Copy and Paste icons if you wish. Right-click on the tool bar, select Customize, then drag the icons you want to the bar.