Remote Images, Images in general

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Samnsara

Remote Images, Images in general

Post by Samnsara »

I am migrating to TB. I am very happy with the program, but I am unable to display remote images in messages in the preview pain. In the options section there is a check box to block these images, but it is not checked. I have checked and unchecked this box and see no differences. I have searched the form, but do not see any mention of this issue. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
bluesxman

Post by bluesxman »

I'm not sure why you get this, but two things to check are:

1. The mail isn't marked as junk (indicated by the junk icon in the message list).
2. Make sure under "view">"message body as", "original html" is set

Hope this helps!
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

One other thing to look at: If the images are included as attachments turn on View | Display attachments inline
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
pspencer

Post by pspencer »

I have the same problem. I'm behind a firewall and images from within the firewall are fine so I'm assuming that the images that fail are not being fetched via the proxy settings...
samnsara

firewall

Post by samnsara »

I too am behind a fire wall, but images were fetch just fine when I used Outlook Express...
MuldrzSiS

Post by MuldrzSiS »

Although I'm sure you have your reasons, I would suggest you NOT turn that option on, as it is a surefire way to get *more* spam. The spammers know you have read their mail, so they just feel inclined to send you followups.
Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth
Gandalf - The Lord of the Rings
Äkiidoll

Re: Remote Images, Images in general

Post by Äkiidoll »

Samnsara wrote:I am migrating to TB. I am very happy with the program, but I am unable to display remote images in messages in the preview pain. In the options section there is a check box to block these images, but it is not checked. I have checked and unchecked this box and see no differences. I have searched the form, but do not see any mention of this issue. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

I just found out how to this morning, it works great in
Mozilla 1.5 and Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4a
http://www.edmullen.ehost.com/moz_remote.html
Geck0 r0cks
A prisoner of Christ Jesus, by His stripes I was healed
pspencer

Post by pspencer »

I belive the link above should read:

http://www.edmullen.ehost.com/Mozilla/moz_remote.html

Post by Guest »

Hi, 3 days ago i take notice about this problem in my TB 0.4 , im behind a proxy, but its almost the same as a firewall. I putted the IP and ports in the options/advanced/connection settings and looks work fine. I hope this could help u.
Bytes Bytes.