Problems importing mails from Outlook Express

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
theunicorn

Problems importing mails from Outlook Express

Post by theunicorn »

Hi, all! :)

I'm actually trying to migrate from The Bat! to Thunderbird. Since there's no way to import the messages directly, I have to use Outlook Express as a workaround.

But whenever I try to import from Outlook Express, I get the error message "Unable to create folder to import mails into"! What does that mean? How can I possibly make this work? Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Greetings,
Markus

PS: I'm using Thunderbird 0.3 (20031013) on W2K SP4
theunicorn

Post by theunicorn »

Ooops - Sorry, I've just found a way (here on the board, actually!) to import directly from The Bat (via the Unix Mailbox-Export!) However, I'm still curious about this error message. What have I done wrong? Or is it a bug? :/
R@F

Post by R@F »

Is there a slash in the folder name in Outlook? Tb chokes on it.
theunicorn

Post by theunicorn »

Nope - I even moved the "Outlook Express" folder (the one with the dbx-files) to a different location (in this case d:\) and selected it manually - didn't help anyway...

But at least I have my mails in TB now - so this one has no hurry. ;)
_laura

Problem importing from Outlook Express?

Post by _laura »

I've been trying to migrate from OE to TB & so far I am happy except..TB doesn't seem to recognize that I have OE files. When I go to Tools -> Import & follow the instructions it does not give me the option of importing OE files. The only option I have available is Netscape Navigator 4 in the "choose which application to import from" option.
It's really frustrating because I would like to use the program but since it won't find my addresses or old email files. I am on a Mac OS X computer & OE is a Classic program. Could that be causing the problem?
tim derigo

Importing mail from Outlook Express

Post by tim derigo »

Markus

I've got the same problem you discribed with trying to import from Outlook Express, ie getting the message "unable to create folder to import into". Did you ever figure this out? Could you help me out???

Tim, 11/4/04