Can't set password

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Chris Duane

Can't set password

Post by Chris Duane »

Hi,
I'm trying to use Thunderbird for my e-mail, but when the message box comes up asking me for my password, it won't accept it.
I have checked my password is correct with the blueyonder people; my internet options are set to Thunderbird as my default e-mailer.
Regards,
Chris
Old Persist

Post by Old Persist »

Do the same password and username, servername, etc, work with a different mail application like Outlook Express?
KINGKONG3

Post by KINGKONG3 »

I've got the same problem, can anyone help?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Check your user name for errors. That error message can mean a problem with either one of the pair. Often deleting it and re-entering works best. Also, try both your full email address and just the part before the @.
sunwest

Post by sunwest »

I have a similar problem. After moving to a new server, I can't get any of my email accounts to accept the passwords that I have setup for them. I've tried your suggestions with no success. In addition the new passwords that I enter are not being saved by the system. I get this error in all cases.

Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server mydomain.com responded: Login failed
KINGKONG33

Post by KINGKONG33 »

I've solved my problem, not sure if it will help everyone else though...

I had been a bit of a gimp and forgotten that the first part of my e-mail address (ie: __________@blueyonder.co.uk) is NOT the user name. Blueyonder send you a user name, a mixture of letters and numbers which you use to get an alias. ie: Your name.

I'd forgotten all of this, of course, as it was so long since I set-up the account originally.

So, another thing to try then: Are you using the correct user name? (especially if you're on blueyonder) it might be something like er6786fss768 rather than your name.