Importing .msf or .sbd files into Thunderbird -- HELP!

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Artworks

Importing .msf or .sbd files into Thunderbird -- HELP!

Post by Artworks »

Help! I dragged and dropped our Thunderbird folders (inbox, sent, etc.) into a folder on my desktop and made a cd backup copy, as we were having lots of computer prob's and needed to use our restore cd. Now that we've gotten everything else back up and running, we can't figure out how to get the folders/files we took out of Thunderbird back into Thunderbird. (I've dragged and dropped everything that was on the cd into a new folder on my desktop, where they sit, unreadable.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please realize, though, that I need specifics -- clear cut, don't-assume-I-can-do-anything-without-very-clear-instructions specifics. Thanks!
charles

Post by charles »

The msf files you do not need. They are simply index files that will be recreated when TBird access the mail file which is the file with no extension (inbox, sent, templates etc). The .sbd are folders that contail any sub mail files). Mail files (no extension) are plain text and can be opened with any text editor.
An easy way to import into your profile is with the MboxImport extension available at http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=2074

Post by Guest »

Thanks, I'll try this later on today.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Since you transported them on a CD, also make sure that the mbox files (the ones without the extension) have not been changed to read only. This is very common with CDs