unable to run thunderbird 0.4 on winNT 4

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
michael kmd

unable to run thunderbird 0.4 on winNT 4

Post by michael kmd »

I get the following error when trying to run thunderbird 0.4 on win NT 4.00.1381 (SP 5) "can not find entrypoint of procedure CopyStgMedium in dll urlmon.dll" (translated from dutch)
thunderbird 0.3 runs fine. I carefully read the release notes for issues, but nothing seems to help. any suggestions?

michael
kmd
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

delete the Tbird 4 installation directory and reinstall Tbird .4 then start it with a new clean profile
User-Agent: Thunderbird/2.0 Alpha 1 0808

Jabber IM:XeF6@jabber.org
michael kmd

Post by michael kmd »

trying to create a new profile instantly gives the same error message. I tried 'thunderbird -p'. TB was installed in a fresh folder (downloaded the .zip distro). i followed every possible instruction i could find in the release notes, including deleting the contents of the chrome folder. the error immediately pops up when launching TB. bizarre, on linux TB 0.4 runs smoothly. But I would like to see the new icons at my job as well. there I'm stuck with winnt 4.0 :( too bad.
kmd
XeF6

Post by XeF6 »

Try downloading TB again, maybe your download was corrupted somehow.
User-Agent: Thunderbird/2.0 Alpha 1 0808

Jabber IM:XeF6@jabber.org
feeper

Re: unable to run thunderbird 0.4 on winNT 4

Post by feeper »

I had the same problem on WinNT 4 SP 6a. I solved it by installing a minimal IE 5. We never used IE, so we had still IE 2 (sic), which was shipped with WinNT in 1996...