Help with Thunderbird in Networked environment

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
billyplatt

Help with Thunderbird in Networked environment

Post by billyplatt »

I am either asking a really dumb question, or no one knows how to do this.... please don't spare my feelings if I am asking a dumb question.

I want to install Thunderbird on my Citrix farm... then when the users launch it, I want to be able to point to the z: drive, where their Netscape 4.x profile is sitting. When I launch thunderbird now, it wants to put a profile on the local C: drive, which they do not have access to....

Can anyone please help or point me in the direction of help??
R4F

Post by R4F »

You can type thunderbird.exe -p on a command prompt (if you have one).
In the profile manager, you can set name and location for the profile. Point it to your z: drive.
Then make a schortcut on the user's desktop with the profile name appended. This will prevent the creation of a new profile (I think), but I don't know the exact syntax. Probably thunderbird.exe "profile name", but again, I'm not sure.
[size=9:0df8c2550c]Firefox Help | Nederlands
Thunderbird Help | Nederlands[/size:0df8c2550c]
!!!!cdn!

[ 6 ]

Post by !!!!cdn! »

shortcut needs to include the ' -p' before ' "profile name"'

i.e. thunderbird.exe -p "profile name"
billyplatt

Post by billyplatt »

thanks... I know how to get the new profile onto Z:, but I don't know how to get Thunderbird to import the 4.x profile that is already sitting there...

Post by Guest »

billyplatt :
Im in the same situation as you are. I published Thunderbird and need to point the local profile to a network drive. Also I need to be able to pick up the previous local mail folders from netscape. I have not been able to do this YET, have you had any luck?
Westonbirt

Thunderbird on Network

Post by Westonbirt »

I am using a version which runs from the netware server, I assume I can set the profile to "default" for all users.

Anyone comment