multiple mail accounts

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tobyx

multiple mail accounts

Post by tobyx »

Hello guys!

I switched to Thunderbird today. I managed to configure my three POP mail accounts. However, I can only send mail with the first one, although I configured a second one via 'Outgoing server' -> 'Advanced'. Whichever sender address I choose in the 'From:' field when writing a new message, Thunderbird always tries to send the mail via the first account's settings, which, of course, doesn't work.

I am grateful for any suggestion!
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Setting up the additional smtp server in Outgoing Server | Advanced is the first step.

Once you have the additional smtp servers installed, you still have to tell each Account which of the smtp servers you want it to use. Server Settings | Advanced.

Depending on how the services running those smtp servers are set up, you may only be able to send via the ISP you are connected to at the time.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

Post by Guest »

Thanks, makaiguy!

Works fine. I had only done the first step!