Urgent please help RE: lost mail.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
klown

Urgent please help RE: lost mail.

Post by klown »

Hi can somebody please help me I just accidently hit delete instaed of home and I have deleted all the mail I ever had except the spam I was trying to move to junk. I am using Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4 (20031205) on windows XP Pro, I have not yet shut down mozilla or restarted windows I do have system restore turned on but I wanted to post this first as it is crap and never works please please pretty please can someone help me ASAP. Thanx in Advance !

Post by Guest »

Look in your TB Trash folder. I think if you hit the delete button, the deleted messages just get sent to the Trash, and you can move them right back.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Yes, they should still be there and you should be able to drag and drop them back.
klown

Post by klown »

that was the first thing I did dudes. Maybe I should have been more specific but I was in a panic I was trying to select all the junk and move it to the junk folder, so when I pressed delete instead of home I was was holding CTRL
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

The FIRST thing to do is jump up to Edit | Undo (or Ctrl-Z). I just tested, and this undoes even a ctrl-delete.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

Post by Guest »

Nah this didn't work either, I think I meant Shift delete, what I need to know is whether or not there is some sort of backup file I don't know about.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

Yeah, ctrl-z will undo a shift-delete too. But ctrl-z can only undo something if it was the last operation peformed. By now it is surely too late.

No back up files I know of unless you explicitly took pains to create them.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

Post by Guest »

Yeah It looks like checking the trash would have counted as the last thing I did, so when I tried undo it was greyed out.