"This message does not comply with required standards.&

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jmerced

Post by jmerced »

Since updating to the latest version, I can no longer send emails with attachments and neither can another co-worker who uses Thunderbird.

Everyone else in our office using Outlook or Eudora (through the same email server) is not having the problem and it appears to be a Thunderbird-only problem.

Here's the message:

"Your email message was unable to be sent because your mail server rejected the message: 550 5.7.1k74GnnBD026006 This message does not comply with required standards."

Again this is with forwarding messages with attachments or sending attachments initially.

Our server says they have no idea what the problem is. If I switch to Outlook and send the same email with attachments there is no problem.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
jmerced

Post by jmerced »

anyone?
Dave Lawton

Post by Dave Lawton »

I'm surprised nobody has replied yet
Error 550 is ~ 'Relaying Denied'
Google for 'error 550 This message does not comply with required standards' and follow some of the links

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4406.txt is amongst the results, and might be heavy going, but should yield the answer.
It deals with Authenticated SMTP, and mentions your specific error - 550 5.7.1 Sender ID (xxx) yyy - zzz" SMTP error
HTH
jmerced

Post by jmerced »

thank you!

although I don't know what to do about it - I was just sending interoffice pdf forms