Configuring address fields

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
David O

Configuring address fields

Post by David O »

Hello, another question...When I compose a message, I get only 2 address fields, 'Reply-to' and 'To'. I have to click to change these, and I can't see any way of setting a default the way I want, which is 'To' and 'Cc'. Also, I want to set a 3rd field 'Bcc' to show every time, but I can't even figure out how to set more than 2 fields - only 2 are offered by TB.

Can anyone help? Thanks.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I get six choices in that drop down list. You might want to experiment with creating a new profile, although I'm not aware of any commands you could enter in prefs.js or user.js to cause this.

Post by Guest »

No, what I mean is that although there are about 6 choices in each field, there are only 2 fields displayed. I want to set 3 fields as in Outlook, which has as default To, Cc and Bcc. Any ideas? Thank you.
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

When you select names you can right click on them in the left Contacts Panel in a compose window, and select 'add to bcc field'. You can pick as many as you want with the CTRL and select method. THis also applies to lists you make.
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970

Post by Guest »

I see how that works - thanks. It's OK I guess, but I would prefer it if you could set the field defaults once and for all rather than having to select them manually every time you compose. For instance, when you reply to messages you should be able to get the default address fields you want without having to fiddle.

Still, I'm sure TB will get better over time. I do like it, but for the moment I think I'm sticking mainly with Outlook and OE.