Thunderbird wont run on Win85SE

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Curmudgeon

Thunderbird wont run on Win85SE

Post by Curmudgeon »

After looking in vain for something better to replace my aging Netscape 4.79, I finally found Mozilla Firebird and Thunderbird. Firebird would only run after I found an installer with which to install it. I'm having the same problem with Thunderbird and I can't find an installer.

Regardless of how I try to run the Thunderbird exe, nothing happens, no error messages, nada.

I have re-downloaded it several times to rule out a corrupted download. After the last download/unzip, I created a Thunderbird folder in Mozilla\Firebird and moved the files there. The result is still the same - nothing when trying to start it for the first time.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Did you unzip keeping all directories intact?
agillator

Post by agillator »

And are you talking about Windows 98 SE? I assume you are.

I agree with Dunderklumpen. Awaiting your answer.
There are two types of people in this field: those who have, and those who will.
Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

Thank you. You were both correct. I committed a classic newbie mistake and I should have known better.
agillator

Post by agillator »

Curmudgeon:

Remember there are two types of people: those who have, and those who will.
There are two types of people in this field: those who have, and those who will.

Post by Guest »

Say Curmi... Try creating a Folder in explorer and then dump or " Extract the entire Enchilada ( all files ) into that foler then look for
the Thunderbird Icon and click away. You can use WINZIP to do this