Problem Dowloading mails for offline viewing/reply

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
sai

Problem Dowloading mails for offline viewing/reply

Post by sai »

Thunderbird 0.4 with offline extension. I have a POP account (personal) and an IMAP account (employer). When at home, I am on my ISP network and can access the POP account via TB. When at work, I have to use web proxies for the browser; I can access the IMAP account at work but not the POP account (firewall settings).

For the IMAP account, I have selected several IMAP folders for offline download. When I am on my employers network, I click File->Offline->Download/Sync now for the IMAP account. TB appears to first try and connect to BOTH the POP account and the IMAP account; due to the firewall TB cannot access the POP account. So it aborts the download process and doesn't download the IMAP folders for offline use. How can I force TB to continue with other mail accounts for offline downloading even if a particular account is temporarily un-accessible?

I have the same problem in Mozilla 1.5 too. As a workaround, I tried deleting the POP account from TB and clicked File->Offline->Download/Sync. Voila! TB now downloads all the emails for all the IMAP folders selected for offline download.

Any help? I would like to use TB for both IMAP and the POP and yet be able to download emails for offline use.

Thanks,
Sun.
Tiger Bob

Post by Tiger Bob »

Have you set the IMAP account as your default?

Post by Guest »

yes

Post by Guest »

Tiger Bob wrote:Have you set the IMAP account as your default?

Yes. Tried that too. TB (and Mozilla 1.5 too) always checks for "all" accounts for downloading/syncing when going offline.