Thunderbird vs Exchange 2003

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
dumpsterKEEPER

Thunderbird vs Exchange 2003

Post by dumpsterKEEPER »

I am having a problem connecting Thunderbird to an Exchange 2003 mail server. IMAP is set up correctly (I believe) on the mail server and appears to work fine...I can connect to the server just fine using OE. However, Thunderbird refuses to connect at all.

I believe that this is due to the fact that when I try to log into the exchange server, it automatically appends the exchange server name to my username (i.e. username@mail.domain.com). However, that is not a valid username as it needs to authenticate my user account with the domain controller, not with the exchange server. I also cannot find a way to make Thunderbird let me just enter my username and not have it automatically create it.

Anyone have some light to shed on this? I've searched all over for information and no one seems to mention this problem. I'd really like to get this working.
dumpsterKEEPER

Post by dumpsterKEEPER »

*bump*

I'd really like to get an answer for this

Re: Thunderbird vs Exchange 2003

Post by Guest »

dumpsterKEEPER wrote:I believe that this is due to the fact that when I try to log into the exchange server, it automatically appends the exchange server name to my username (i.e. username@mail.domain.com).

Are you sure about this? What does the user name say in the "Server Settings" property sheet for your IMAP server? AFAIK this value is sent exactly as is to the server.

Do you perhaps have to manually prepend a "DOMAIN" to your username? Maybe that's what OE is doing? It's not clear what your authentication setup is..