adding account

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Bob Bury

adding account

Post by Bob Bury »

As an entusiastic convert to firebird, I decided to install thunderbird. OK setting up first account. When setting up second account, it lets me input the pop3 server for incoming, and tells me that it will use the SMTP server already inputted for first account - fair enough. However, when I press'next' it keeps telling me that I must select a host (presumably for outgoing), but there's no box to write anything in. So I can't get past this stage.

What do I do? (I have checked that the pop3 setting for the second account is correct).

Post by Guest »

By chance, when you entered your POP server, did you enter your full email address? In other words, something like "bobbury@mail.example.net"? If so, you will get the error message. What you should be entering is just "mail.example.net".

Post by Guest »

Thanks - No, I checked that the pop address was correct. however, I installed Thunderbird on my home computer with no problems last night, so it's obviously something to do with my work hardware or configuration. I'll keep trying!