Thunderbird 0.5 and Local Folders

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird

Re: SUCCESS !!

Post by Guest »

anectine17 wrote:I have successfully removed the "Local Folder" in TB 0.5. I now have just the 2 sets of folders for my 2 POP3 accounts. I edited the prefs.js file as follows.

Changed;
"mail.accountmanager.localfoldersserver""server1"
to
"mail.accountmanager.localfoldersserver""server2"

Also changed;
"mail.server.server2.type"none"
to
"mail.server.server2.type"" (removed 'none' from the quotes, left the quotes in place"

Thanks but how do I now do that please?
twombly

this worked for me...

Post by twombly »

user_pref("mail.account.account1.server", "server1");
user_pref("mail.account.account2.server", "server1");

they originally read server1 then server2; I merely changed server2 to server1... luck
anectine17

Post by anectine17 »

Navitate to: C / Documents and Settings / User name (whatever user you want to make this change for) / Application Data / Thunderbird / Profiles / Default / bnzd5cmi.slt / right click on "prefs.js", click edit and it will open in note pad. Make the changes (back it up first), click save and then close out. Do all of this with your browser and TB closed. You may have to go to Tools / Folder Options / View and uncheck "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" in order to see all the files you need to navigate through (such as Application Data). Good luck.
Clear 4G Wimax. Acer Aspire 3680 w/ Windows XP Pro, 1.83 Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2. Gateway E4500 w/ Windows XP Home, 3.06 P4, 2GB DDR2. Both w/ Firefox 3.6.8, Thunderbird 3.1.2, Eset Smart Security 4.2.64.12. LAN = Linksys WRT54G-TM w/ DD-WRT v24 (build 12874), overclocked, fan cooled, w/ SD card mod.

Post by Guest »

thanks!