Thunderbird 0.5 and Local Folders

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
PIC2

Thunderbird 0.5 and Local Folders

Post by PIC2 »

Hi!

Up to 0.5 I was able to remove the Local Folders from the TB. Deleting a few lines in prefs.js and correcting identities did the trick. In 0.5 I did the same thing (so that Local Folders would disappear) but with every new launch the Local Folders are back and the deleted lines are restored in prefs.js. Is this a new "feature" and why do'nt developers include an option of removing Local Folders ftom TB.

cheers,

Sebastian

Re: Thunderbird 0.5 and Local Folders

Post by Guest »

do ur local folders appear below ur newsgroup server?

i cant move them around either
PIC2

Post by PIC2 »

They appear and the bottom of my 4 email accounts (dont have newsgroups at all).

Post by Guest »

sucks no one can help

Post by Guest »

bump

Post by Guest »

bumpety bump
Old Bozz

Post by Old Bozz »

Anonymous wrote:bumpety bump

bump bump bump
allun

Post by allun »

Is there a chance a fix could be found for this? Or is someone willing and able to do a win32 build with the code that checks for local folders and recreates them commented out? (Just a guess at whats happenning...)

I have to admin a big group of users who complain all the time about hving 2 inboxes, outboxes etc - it's much easier to remove the local folders than explain to them what's happenning and where their mail is!

TIA

Post by Guest »

allun wrote:Is there a chance a fix could be found for this? Or is someone willing and able to do a win32 build with the code that checks for local folders and recreates them commented out? (Just a guess at whats happenning...)

I have to admin a big group of users who complain all the time about hving 2 inboxes, outboxes etc - it's much easier to remove the local folders than explain to them what's happenning and where their mail is!

TIA

bumpety bump bump bu,p
floydstyle

Post by floydstyle »

thats another reason why i dont use TB anymore
no help
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Some of us just get annoyed at people who keep bumping thier question every couple of hours when there is no obvious reason for it being so urgent, and its easy to find other recent threads on this topic.

Post by Guest »

bump
SpacemonkeyN1

Post by SpacemonkeyN1 »

"I have to admin a big group of users who complain all the time about hving 2 inboxes, outboxes etc - it's much easier to remove the local folders than explain to them what's happenning and where their mail is! "

I don't have an inbox or and outbox in my local folders. I only have Unsent Messages, Drafts, Templates, Sent, and Trash. Your users should be able to determine where their inbox and outbox is when there is only one...

-Spacemonkey

Post by Guest »

we want to remove them or move them, how?
anectine17

SUCCESS !!

Post by anectine17 »

I have successfully removed the "Local Folder" in TB 0.5. I now have just the 2 sets of folders for my 2 POP3 accounts. I edited the prefs.js file as follows.

Changed;
"mail.accountmanager.localfoldersserver""server1"
to
"mail.accountmanager.localfoldersserver""server2"

Also changed;
"mail.server.server2.type"none"
to
"mail.server.server2.type"" (removed 'none' from the quotes, left the quotes in place"
Clear 4G Wimax. Acer Aspire 3680 w/ Windows XP Pro, 1.83 Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2. Gateway E4500 w/ Windows XP Home, 3.06 P4, 2GB DDR2. Both w/ Firefox 3.6.8, Thunderbird 3.1.2, Eset Smart Security 4.2.64.12. LAN = Linksys WRT54G-TM w/ DD-WRT v24 (build 12874), overclocked, fan cooled, w/ SD card mod.