Anyway to setup thunderbird to get netscape mail

Post by rockon1 »

Any idea? Thanks
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Not as far as I know.
tompete

Post by tompete »

Point Local Mail directory to the old netscape location or more preferably...
One of the things I've done to isolate emails is to create a folder c:\data\email, copy all email folders from the default location to there, and change the Local Mail folder to point there. This isolates the email from all the other "stuff" and makes it very easy to backup for users as they just have to deal with the one folder (in a simple location) to know where their email is and what to backup. Most can easily find and drag and drop it to a zip drive or burn a CD of it periodically. This has made migration from Netscape 4.x, to Netscape 6.x, to Netscape 7.x, to Mozilla 1.x to Thunderbird 0.x much easier IMHO.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

As I understood the question he wanted to collect mail from NetScape (webmail) with Thunderbird wich is not possible as far as I know.
Last edited by Dunderklumpen on February 11th, 2004, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

I think that Netscape Webmail is only accessible from the browser or from the Netscape email program. I have tried doing it on Mozilla, and was unable to download or view any messages.

I think I saw this in a forum somewhere.