Import PEGASUS mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
wkaa

Import PEGASUS mail

Post by wkaa »

Hi,

does anybody know how to import Mails from Pegasus to Thunderbird.

Thanks

Werner Kaa
(\/)(\/)

Post by (\/)(\/) »

Warning:
1. Have tried this only in 0.4 version, but it should work in 0.5 too
2. Folder names and folder structure will be lost and will have to be re-created manually.

Steps:
1. Download and install "Mail Converter" -> http://www.dragon-it.co.uk/pegasus.htm#mailconv_heading

2. Choose your Pegasus mail directory and a temporary destination directory for converted mail). Do a conversion from Pegasus to Netscape (Folder->Export From Pegasus->Netscape). I suggest you work on a copy of the Pegasus mail folder rather than the original folder.

3. Copy these converted email files from temp directory to your profile directory. Place it in the profiles, Mail directory, under the folder named after your account name. For my case it was something like:
profiles\profile_name\abcd.slt\Mail\mail.domain.com

4. Fireup Thunderbird.

5. Rename the new folders and rearrange the folder structure.

Hope this helps.
wkaa

Post by wkaa »

Hi (\/)(\/),

thanks for your help. I will try it tonight...

Werner

Post by Guest »

Pegasus Mail support kindly suggested me to create a set of new folders in Pegasus as unix mbox and then you can import them into Thunderbird.

I haven't tried this, though (I use unix mbox normally).

Post by Guest »

Hi,

thanks Guest for the solution. Both ways work, but the mailconv program hangs up after the 499th folder.
The solution of guest is running too and does not need any conversion program. Now I can switch from pegasus to Thunderbird

Thanks

Werner