Mozilla Thunderbird 2 Beta 2 Feedback Thread

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jamienkk

OS X messed up mail headers

Post by jamienkk »

As with morbus: on OS X the headers section of each message (where it says "Subject" "From" etc) has messed up colors -- the background is white, just like the message below, and the background color of the text in the headers is gray. These colors are clearly a mistake.

Any tips on fixing it manually before having to wait for Beta 3 would be greatly appreciated...

morbus wrote:The new white mail header pane thing is hideous. Blends right into the body view.

How do I theme it back?
mscott

Post by mscott »

the grey background color for the collapsed view isn't intentional, the theme update for OS X is still a work in progress. It should be fixed by RC 1.
Thunderbirds are Go!
johann_p

Re: Mozilla Thunderbird 2 Beta 2 Feedback Thread

Post by johann_p »

johann_p wrote:
mscott wrote:Extensions can now add custom columns to the thread pane and store custom fields in the mail database.

Is there some documentation about this somewhere?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
mscott

Post by mscott »

Thunderbirds are Go!
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

Thanks for that, but I am especially interested in the other part -- how to "store custom fields in the mail database" -- I had been looking for a proper metadata-API for some time now and would be interested to see if this is what I was missing.
So, what is this "custom fields in the mail database" feature and is there a documentation for this too?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

In today's nightly the dropdown list of folders to select a target for Move or Copy seems to have moved to the left. I liked it better when it opened to the right of the accounts list.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Small esthetic quibble--it has been around for a long time but I don't recall whether I ever mentioned it before.

When Tbird starts up, there is a large main menu with an icon for each selection. The icon for Read Msgs is a letter sticking out of an open envelope. The icon for Write a New Msg is a pencil with a piece of paper.

So far so good. Those icons make perfect sense.

So why is it that when I'm in a composer window, creating a msg or writing a reply, the icon for that window is the letter sticking out of the open envelope instead of the pencil and paper?
durf786

Lost (not the TV show)

Post by durf786 »

I had a problem today with b2. I dragged a couple of unread messages from my "Local Folders" Inbox to a subfolder of the Inbox, and they disappeared. I looked everywhere I could think of, and they're just gone.

Thanks.
TonyE

Re: Lost (not the TV show)

Post by TonyE »

durf786 wrote:I had a problem today with b2. I dragged a couple of unread messages from my "Local Folders" Inbox to a subfolder of the Inbox, and they disappeared. I looked everywhere I could think of, and they're just gone.

Thanks.

Not sure if mine is the same issue you are having but I have found a way to retrieve your lost emails maybe if you read my existing thread.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=509372
"I want to know God's thoughts... ...the rest are details"
Albert Einstein
Visualcode

Notification link

Post by Visualcode »

I thought they would put this feature back! I am REALLY missing the feature from TB 1.5 which allowed for me to click the notification of new mail to go to my mailbox and view the message. It seems pointless to me to have it pop-up when I can't click to view. Since it goes away fast, it is really only good if you want to view the message right away. If you want to view the message later, I am sure the mail-icon would suffice.

I am curious, why was this feature removed? If users do not want to view the message(s), it is no more in the way to have the link than not. But, if they do want to view them, it is quite annoying having to locate TB in the taskbar, or wait for the notification to leave, so we can click on the mail-icon.
durf786

Re: Lost (not the TV show)

Post by durf786 »

TonyE wrote:
durf786 wrote:I had a problem today with b2. I dragged a couple of unread messages from my "Local Folders" Inbox to a subfolder of the Inbox, and they disappeared. I looked everywhere I could think of, and they're just gone.

Thanks.

Not sure if mine is the same issue you are having but I have found a way to retrieve your lost emails maybe if you read my existing thread.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=509372

Reindexing worked! Thanks! It still seems a little weird, though.
mscott

Re: Notification link

Post by mscott »

Visualcode wrote:I thought they would put this feature back! I am REALLY missing the feature from TB 1.5 which allowed for me to click the notification of new mail to go to my mailbox and view the message. It seems pointless to me to have it pop-up when I can't click to view. Since it goes away fast, it is really only good if you want to view the message right away. If you want to view the message later, I am sure the mail-icon would suffice.

I am curious, why was this feature removed? If users do not want to view the message(s), it is no more in the way to have the link than not. But, if they do want to view them, it is quite annoying having to locate TB in the taskbar, or wait for the notification to leave, so we can click on the mail-icon.

It's a bug and hasn't been fixed yet. :)
Thunderbirds are Go!
BlueLikeJazz

Post by BlueLikeJazz »

Only things are that the icon for the theme is the Reload Icon from the old Pinstripe theme.

Btw, I'm on Mac OS X 10.4.8.

One other thing I notice is if I have no accounts set up and I cancel the Account set up stuff, After I hit the final "okay" to cancel, this blank gray panel rolls down and then rolls up as soon as it comes all the way down.
morbus

Post by morbus »

My "copy to" filters don't seem to be working on a News & Blogs account. I've a filter that, for any message after 12/31/2006, should be copied to another folder. That stopped happening after the upgrade, and doesn't seem to happen when I manually run the filter either.
emmedi

Post by emmedi »

In the Italian linux version it is not present the directory 'dictionaries'.