using Freedom 2 surf with thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird

using Freedom 2 surf with thunderbird

Post by Guest »

I have an e-mail account with freedom2 surf and want to use thunderbird as my e-mail client. The system set up at f2s works ok and I can send and receive messages via webmail at f2s but having entered all of the information supplied into thuderbird the programm connects but dosn't log on then times out. How can I connect?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Are these the server names you entered?

POP Server: inmail.f2s.com
SMTP Server: outmail.f2s.com

What antivirus and firewall are you using?
Do they require a secure connection?

Post by Guest »

My POP3 and SMTP servers have my domain name embedded - inmail.grangefarm.f2s.com and outnail.grangefarm.f2s.com.
I am using Norton antivirus and firewall
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Gack, Norton. That is more than likely your problem. Norton is notorious for causing problems like this especially after a Live Update. I've even seen it block other Symantec products. Norton is not the best security solution out there, in fact, in my opinion, it's one of the worst. It is highly over bloated, will block programs for no reason and will not recognize viruses known by other antivirus programs. See this recent article about a critical security failure of Norton: http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=3111&tag=nl.e622

You would be better off uninstalling it and replacing it with something that actually works. Fortunately, you can do that with freeware programs. I have a list of the programs I use if you're interested.