MozillaZine

How to delete an entry from "about:config"?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mentallo

Post Posted February 1st, 2007, 11:25 am

I want to delete something form the about:config file. How do I do that?

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted February 1st, 2007, 12:18 pm

There is no about:config file. The settings are in the file prefs.js (and possibly also user.js) in your profile. Default values can come from other places, depending on the setting. Deleting a setting completely can sometimes cause an error in the program. It is normally best to choose Reset in the about:config dialog.
Rod

tanstaafl

Post Posted February 1st, 2007, 1:31 pm

The config editor is Thunderbirds equivalent of Firefoxs about:config . Its the recommended way to edit preferences though you can still edit prefs.js using a text editor. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config and http://kb.mozillazine.org/Modify_Thunderbird_settings

frazelle09

Post Posted February 18th, 2007, 1:06 pm

Wow, this looks like the right place for this problem.

i'm running Freespire Linux with TB 1.5.0.5 and everything was fine. However today i cannot print my received mails. It seems that when i start the program i can print one mail and if that mail is a reply to a previous one, the only part that prints is the part that we sent, the new reply is not printed, but left blank.

When i go into the about:config window, i can see about 80 lines of printer config info. There are even printers there that we don't even have connected anymore! Ya suppose the poor thing might be a little confused?

i have uninstalled the program, shut down and restarted the computer and reinstalled the program. Same problem.

i can print with other programs just fine, i.e. OpenOffice, KPDF, and Inkscape.

i was thinking of just finding the file and renaming it and seeing if TB recreated a basic file which could be set up again, but i see from the above posts that the file gets its info from other sources...

Any ideas?

Have a great day! :)
"The earth is one country and mankind its citizens."
Baha'u'llah
"La tierra es un solo pais y la humanidad sus ciudadanos."

Return to Thunderbird Support