digital signature

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tone

digital signature

Post by tone »

I have problems with digital certificates and digital signature. If I want to send digitali signed mail, I receive this mesage

Sending of message failed
Unable to sign message. Please check that the certificates specified in Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings for this mail account are valid and trusted

And yes, they are. But strangely the same problem exists with Mozilla mail. Same mesage and yes duble checked. With outlook works fine.

Some ideas, hints?

Tone

Re: digital signature

Post by Guest »

tone wrote:I have problems with digital certificates and digital signature. If I want to send digitali signed mail, I receive this mesage

Unable to sign message. Please check that the certificates specified in Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings for this mail account are valid and trusted

And yes, they are. But strangely the same problem exists with Mozilla mail. Same mesage and yes duble checked. With outlook works fine.

Some ideas, hints?

Tone

And the program is Thunderbird 0.5

Re: digital signature

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
tone wrote:I have problems with digital certificates and digital signature. If I want to send digitali signed mail, I receive this mesage

Some ideas, hints?

Tone

And the program is Thunderbird 0.5

Solved

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=28

Post by Guest »

Are U sure that CA issuer of your cert (you probably imported via PKCS#12) ia sllowed to trust your cert?

The default when you import a cert is that CA isn't allowed to trust anything and you have to change it in the
AccountSettings -> Security -> CertificateManager -> Authorities
then search and EDIT your CA (if self signed and not already enabled) and flag all the necessary option/s.

This worked for me under 0.5.

I'd just like to know how to store other friends digital signature in the address-book... it seems that the Dig-Sign won't be there as instead should be as usual... ?

Greetings. Hope this helps.

Luca Regoli