Copying single Thunderbird messages between two machines?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Ravenlock

Copying single Thunderbird messages between two machines?

Post by Ravenlock »

So I've got two places I use my email, primarily, on my desktop at home and through a roaming network profile at work.

I've confirmed that I can install and configure Thunderbird properly in both places, and that it imports my mail from Outlook Express without a problem (the program I've been using).

What I want to know is whether there's a way to copy single messages from one copy of Thunderbird to disk, later to copy them into another Thunderbird installation - for example, I send a message at work, and want to have it in my "Sent" folder at home instead, so I copy it to my USB drive before leaving.

I know Thunderbird can "Save" a message as a .eml like Outlook Express does, but I can't figure out how to get a message back "in" to Thunderbird - on OE it's just drag and drop.

Any help?
lefiii

Post by lefiii »

You can utilise IMAP and leave your messages on the server. This way you can make use of multiple machines and never have emails here or there, but only on the server.

Post by Guest »

Am aware of the IMAP option, unfortunately IMAP isn't supported by the ISP I use, and I don't currently have the capabilities to set up an IMAP server on my own machine to connect to remotely.

Thankfully, someone else had some advice for me over here -

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... highlight=

and that's been working out pretty well. :-)