MT says I have mail but won't download it.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
AC in DK

MT says I have mail but won't download it.

Post by AC in DK »

This is a recent problem, Mozilla Thunderbird was working fine, then one day it began to hang .. . . now it just tries to load over and over with no luck. It tells me that there are 54 messages but, it won't send them to the in-box.

Any suggestions? The re-install didn't seem to change anything.

Even got rid of all my filters incase that was the problem.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alexi Cyn in Denmark
dearingj

Post by dearingj »

I'm having the same problem. Is there a way for you to access your email over the web? My ISP says that one of the messages may have a bad header which is causing the problem. Here's what they told me to do:
Using the Web, move all my messages to a new folder. Then, one by one, move each message back to the folder they were just in, making sure to check my email (using Thunderbird) right after moving each message. That way, if one of the messages is causing the problem, I can delete it.
dearingj

Post by dearingj »

Looks like that was the cause, at least for me. I hope the same solution works for you.
AC in DK

Post by AC in DK »

Can you be more specific? Do you mean IMAP mail etc?. I've been using the MTB mail for my yahoo accounts so, I'm not sure where to find the possible offending mail. Any details yo can give are GREATLY appreciated. If it's easier to email me, please do so at cyntastichotmailnomore@yahoo.com.

Thanks a bunch,

AC in DK