can thunderbird be started minimized?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
karmicro

can thunderbird be started minimized?

Post by karmicro »

i'd like the have notification, but sure don't want to HAVE to start up the mail program to get the notification. OLD OLD netscape used to be able to do that, and i liked it alot.

why look at mail on startup if there isn't any?

then i could just put it back in the startup folder and never touch it till the mail notifier shows....

thanks to anyone that knows...
majake

Post by majake »

download thundertray, put it where ever you want, i just put mine in the thunderbird folder. Create a shortcut to thundertray with the path as: "C:\path\thundertray.exe" lh. Make sure to include the lh at the end of the path, after the quote, as that will let the program know to launch thunderbird and hide it to the system try. The thundertray.txt file also has some other commands you can use, though incorrectly states to put the lh inside the quote, atleast XP didnt recognise it when i did that.

For this to work you should use the thundertray shortcut to access and start thunderbird.

Post by Guest »

If all you want to do is start minimized to the task bar (as opposed to minimized to an icon in the tray near the clock) just create a shortcut to thunderbird, right click on the shortcut and select "properties", and set the "run" selection to "minimized". Then put this shortcut in the startup folder in the start menu.