Mail in Inbox went invisible

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
xmariox

Mail in Inbox went invisible

Post by xmariox »

Hi there,

I'm using Thunderbird 0.5 for OSX. Just today my complete "Inbox" folder seems empty. This happened to just one of the two accounts I work with. The other one is ok.

When I use the "Search Messages" function the mails are found in the folder "inbox". I can move them to a different folder from the search window.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my inbox?

Cheers and thanks
mario
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

open up your profile folder and find the inbox.msf file in the mail folder and delete it, then start thunderbird an see if that helps.
xmariox

Post by xmariox »

It did :) Thanks very much.

Can you tell me what exactly this did? Just being curious, you know :)

Thanks!
mario
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

the msf file is the index file made by thunderbird. all the actual emails are stored in the file without extension. probably the msf file of your inbox got corrupted and thus unreadable and hunderbird didnt display any mail. by deleting it you force thunderbrid to recreate an idnex file of your mail and thus it could read the enw index again and show your mail.

Post by Guest »

Ok thanks for the info :) You saved my day :)
xmariox

Post by xmariox »

Ah well, that was me forgetting to put a name in the "username" field :) Sorry
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

glad i could help you :D
Kris Bjornstad

Post by Kris Bjornstad »

I have been having some problems with email not being displayed - even though when you do a search, it comes up no problem... What I have found was that if you resize the email listing box (along it's bottom edge), all the email messages are refreshed - correctly.