AT&T/SBC Yahoo's new email settings

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I removed your e-mail address because we do not give email support. To do so would deprive other users of the information offered in a response to your topic. More importantly, spammers harvest email addresses from public forums like this.

Please look at the rules in regard to email addresses.

If you really want to help, post your instructions here.
Lost User 291824

Post by Lost User 291824 »

Ok than people that want me to email the document click on profile and send me and email from the email button from my profile.
Lost User 291824

Post by Lost User 291824 »

PROBLEMS SENDING EMAILS

1.-Click on tools than Account settings…..
2.-We are going to click on “SERVER SETTINGS” …we need to have our server name as pop.att.yahoo.com Port:995. Under username we need to have your full email address. Under security settings we need to choose the SSL

3.-Now lets go to OUTGOING SERVER SMTP and than double click on the email address

3.-Than a pop up window is going to appear….there we need to have smtp.att.yahoo.com as our server name Port 465. Check the use name and password box and type your email address and select SSL under secure connection
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

And all that is already in this topic. Nothing new.

HELLO

Post by Guest »

I did send a email to Alex and my thunderbird works like never before...he send me a email with instructions and pictures and all this good stuff....I was about to cancell my att account but I guess is not there fault.

Post by Guest »

i spent a hour working on this until i finally put my entire email address in the user name box, either i just pot something in wrong the first time i ran the wizard of thats how it automatically configures, but now i can at least access my email, i haven't even tried sending something

Goodluck
J.Smith

SBCGlobal Still not working

Post by J.Smith »

I have all my settings correct and I am stuck! I cannot send mail out from thunderbird!

I have read the post and that is whatmy settings are but when I try to send mail it ask for my password and it won't accept.

I have smtp.att.yahoo.com and 465 and my whole email address for the out.

I get incoming but it is the outgoing!

Help?!
zimmy

problems sending att.yahoo mail

Post by zimmy »

all the same issues as below. but after reading and trying everyones suggestions, this setup seems to work.
(i have an original pacbell.net address which i never surrendered, but this series of settings worked)

1)deleted my existing thunderbird user account
2)ran the new account wizard, - used pop.att.yahoo.com, default port 110, and my normal email address. when it asked to remember my password i said yes.
3)when i got to the smpt part i selected edit
4)under description typed my normal email address (username@pacbell.net), for server I used smtp.att.yahoo.com
under port i used the default 25
5)Under Security and Authentication i clicked 'use user name and password" I entered my normal email address (username@pacbell.net)
6)Under 'secure connection' i tried every option, and the one that worked was "try tls, if available". when you sent a test mail it will ask for your password, enter it, click save if you want, and youre good to go.

...i was without thunderbird for 4 months using the yahoo mail thing, since att support did'nt deal with mozilla products. but its working today.
happy holidays. Mark :lol: :lol:
OTakaxman

purged from the system for not visiting more often

Post by OTakaxman »

I have all of the above and worse ! I have reconfiguered my settings to the ones for AT&T and it gave me the password nag box on opening Tbird.

I could not make it work, tried all of the above, nada, so I put the settings back to the non-SSL configuration and still am getting the password nag.

I can not remove the pw as the remove/remove all/show passwords buttons in the Password Manager box are not highlighted and no passwords are showing.

Here is a screenshot of what I see :

http://xtraloud.250free.com/pw3.jpg

I will try any suggestions, even deleting this instance of Tbird and installing a new one if I must.

Thankx in advance, and I will re-register while the thinking is going on, sorry for being away for so long.

OT
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Enter your user name as your full ATT email address.
otakaxman

Post by otakaxman »

That does not work either.....I have solved the password issue, Thunderbird is working again on the non SSL settings.

A check with Yahoo help page says that Thunderbird 1.5 and newer versions are SSL compatable, yet, when I change the settings and ports, I get a, "mail server does not support secure authoraization". Is there something I am missing besides checking the SSL boxes and changing the ports ?

OT
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

"mail server does not support secure authoraization"

Why are you selecting SSL for that account in Thunderbird when Yahoo's server does not support it?
otakaxman

Post by otakaxman »

I am assuming that it is TB that is not supporting it as the reason for all of this headache is because AT&T has bought out SBC and sent all customers, (myself included), a heads up that after a grace period all accounts will be bound to the SSL server and the ones with incapatable clients will be lost in the shuffle.

I am also going to assume that AT&T is not asking me to change to SSL if they are not ready and I do not have to .........

email from AT&T :

AT&T Yahoo!

Dear AT&T Yahoo! Customer:

We noticed that you are accessing email using non-secure settings in your email software.

We would like to ensure that your AT&T Yahoo! Member ID, password, and email messages are transmitted securely between your mail software (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) and the AT&T Yahoo! Mail servers. In order to meet this need, please enable SSL via the instructions that are available on the Help site.

Since multiple email notifications have already been sent out about this, we request that you please make the necessary changes immediately. Remember, you need to make these changes if you want to continue to send/receive email using a mail client.

Thank you for your cooperation,

AT&T Yahoo! Customer Support

Please do not reply to this message. This is a service email related to your use of AT&T Yahoo!. To learn more about Yahoo!'s or AT&T's use of personal information, including the use of web beacons in HTML-based email, please read our Privacy Policy. Yahoo! is located at 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. AT&T Internet Services is located at 6500 River Place Boulevard, Building III, Austin, TX 78730-1111.

OT
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Is this particular account the one provided by ATT or is it a plain Yahoo account. They are quite different.
otakaxman

Post by otakaxman »

Originally the account was SBC/Yahoo. AT&T bought out SBC, Cingular, and a couple of other telacommunication related business in my area.

I have been using the SBC/Yahoo just as it has been for the past 5 years with no trouble, I have ignored the emails from AT&T until I got the one above. Yesterday I decided to do the switch and, well, y'all know the rest of the story.

As far as I know, Daifne, the only thing that has changed is the owner and the non-secure to secure issue.

I still have Yahoo web based mail functioning and still have a Yahoo browser page, (although i use Google through an app called NetCapture), and I still have a profile and account according to Yahoo as of today.

OT