AT&T/SBC Yahoo's new email settings

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird

Re: AT&T/SBC Yahoo's new email settings

Post by Guest »

I NEED HELP WITH MY EMAILS. I HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS, THAT I'VE OPENED UP, WHEN I HAD AT&T, AS MY INTERNET PROVIDER. NOW I'VE SWITCHED TO COMCAST. IN ANY EVENT, I HAVE AN ATT.NET AND A SBCGLOBAL.NET ACCOUNT AND CANNOT ACCESS THEM. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS IF THERE IS A WAY, I CAN ACCESS THEM, EVEN THOUGH I AM NO LONGER WITH AT&T AND HOW?

THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GET FOR MY EMAIL ACCOUNT ATT.NET:
Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC17
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

AND,
THIS IS THE MESSAGE I GET FOR MY EMAIL ACCOUNT SBCGLOBAL.NET:

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password
Server: 'pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

HOW CAN I ACCESS THEM AND IF I CAN ACCESS THEM... PLEASE HELP!
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Windows Live Mail is not a Mozilla program. You will need to ask Microsoft about problems with their program. This forum is for the email program Thunderbird.
robertguero

Post by robertguero »

TB 2.0.0.24
ATT.NET
Uverse

I can get one smtp to work but not multiple. You can have up to 10 emails on AT&T. I have an email just for responding to people or places that might spam so I setup an smtp just for it. I can receive just fine but sending with the second smtp is the issue. If I remember right is worked a couple of times then stopped. It does not ask for password but when you do it send it says that it is connected to server but then says "The server may be unavailable or is refusing smtp connections." I change back to the first smtp and it works fine. Had this problem when I first got AT&T so I called. AT&T does not support TB so they were going to transfer me to paid help. Seems they knew what the problem is, some setting in TB. I got a little pushy an thats what the guy told me, some security setting or configuration. The first smtp that stopped working was for my primary account. I just made a new one with a secondary account and stop using the primary accts smtp. Have not had a problem since, well until I made this 3rd one. So since I have one working I know my setting are correct for the new one.

When I set this new sub email up I did have issues trying to get it to work at first so I called AT&T tech support. Since I was using Firefox I could not see the "captcha" to login to verify the account at att.net. Of which att.net sends you to yahoo login screen. Once I did the captcha I had no issues receiving.

Description name: AT&T
server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
port: 465
user name : xxxxxx@att.net
security: SSL
use name and password: checked or on
Edward_Edwards

Post by Edward_Edwards »

What are the correct settings to use mail.yahoo.com with Thunderbird 2.0.0.2
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Please read through this thread for that information as it has been posted here by AT&T users who were successful in connecting with their accounts.
Bon (Guest)

Post by Bon (Guest) »

I just moved to a brand new Windows 7 machine from an old XP one. Had 2 accounts under TB 2 (something). A Gmail account & an ATT.net one. On my new machine TB 3.1 wouldn't recognize the AT&T password. Using 995 as the port. Finally reset username as (get this) myname @att.net@att.net (at least thats what the account settings says. Anyway, I am now receiving my e-mails :D Gotta love Yahoo :roll:
Edward_Edwards

Post by Edward_Edwards »

Thus link goes to the moxillaZine page.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_acco ... _providers

This mozilla page gives the info needed.
http://ispdb.mozillamessaging.com/details/6
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Then you are in the wrong topic, Edward. This topic is for the Yahoo accounts that are provided by the ISP AT&T ONLY. This is not for general Yahoo accounts.
fedupinca

Post by fedupinca »

Well maybe it's time to abandon AT&T. I went through a difficult situation with AT&T when I set up my account with them and I just had to restore my computer. The first time around I had to threaten to find another provider and then I got help. Today I thought I had it handled, but now I'm finding the
same old thing again, only worse because I know the settings, but they aren't working.
Edward_Edwards

Post by Edward_Edwards »

To: Moderator,

Thank you; I knew I was not getting the info I needed. Please post a link to the correct forum, if there is one.

Due to being stuck with dial-up, and having mild dyslexia, an unthreaded (straight line) forum is difficult to follow. Is there a way to to display the thread tree? I apologize for getting off topic.

Thanks again, Edward
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Edward_Edwards, please start a new topic and provide details on your installation of Thunderbird and the specific problem you are experiencing.
Edward_Edwards

Post by Edward_Edwards »

Have done so. Topic = pop/smp.mail.yahoo.com Win98SE Thunderbird2.0.0.24
Just about there

Post by Just about there »

I have 3 email accounts and I have got them receiving email, however in the SMTP settings it asks for a "server" name and I can't seem to find out what to use in that slot that would allow
me to send emails. I keep getting error messages back saying that I have the wrong server name. Do you have an idea what should go in that spot?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Did you try the ones posted above by robertguero?
Description name: AT&T
server name: smtp.att.yahoo.com
port: 465
user name : xxxxxx@att.net
security: SSL
use name and password: checked or on
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Locking for now since this has recently become a spam magnet. Please post any questions in a new topic.