Thunderbird suddenly won't access webmail account

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
LIMPET235

Re: Thunderbird suddenly won't access webmail account

Post by LIMPET235 »

I split Iwscshn's posts off Daifne.
All by his lonesome, now.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Thanks, LIMPET235.
Frank Reed

Re:

Post by Frank Reed »

hilmanhalimra wrote:well just simple answer for the problem. Just upgrade your yahoo mail into mail plus. Because as i know free yahoo mail doesn't support pop service. And for the gmail. First you should change the setting on your Gmail account to support the pop service. cheers all....... :D :D :D

Are you saying that you had the same Yahoo/TB problems regarding receiving & sending e-mail with a FREE Yahoo account with extensions WebMail & WebMail-Yahoo and when you switched to a paid Yahoo "mail plus" account w/ its POP server that all of your Yahoo/TB problems went away???
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

That's what he's saying, but you don't need to pay Yahoo to get it to work. You just have to make sure that you are not in Classic mode on the site and that you have the extension set to use Beta Website. Classic and Production no longer work. This is due to changes at Yahoo.
Frank Reed

Post by Frank Reed »

I am using "Yahoo ! Mail" & I have the extension set to Beta [not Production]. It was working fine for months & all of a sudden, without any changes to Yahoo or TB by me, I am now unable to receive or send mail. I am asked for my password which TB does not accept. Other time I receive a negative vibes message. I am more than willing to pay Yahoo if a POP connection will resolve my problems. Comments please!
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

I suggest that you post in the topic dedicated to the extension. The author and a number of experts hang out there. Webmail Extension - Hotmail / Yahoo - Thread 3
billrafferty

Post by billrafferty »

I was having the "negativevibes" message problem when trying to download my messages from Yahoo. Changing the add-on from production to beta and switching to the new Yahoo mail beta online seemed to help. I no longer get the message and, although it's slow it looks like it's working fine now. Thanks to the mods for helping out.
OceanView2

Re: Password for mail via AT&T/Yahoo suddenly not recognized

Post by OceanView2 »

WAVE1001 wrote:My mail came through AT&T/Yahoo to Thunderbird for more than a year flawlessly. I also was suddenly locked out of my Thunderbird mail approximately April 7th. Nothing was changed i.e. settings, passwords...nothing. .

Afterwards, I called AT&T/Yahoo and changed the Email and modem passwords to a temporary then back to the originals with help from the AT&T/Yahoo operator since I’d spent time creating it. It was at least 10 characters.

For two weeks Thunderbird mail worked flawlessly then suddenly, the password didn’t work again. I kept getting various messages “ Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop.att.yahoo.com responded: invalid user/password.” , and “enter a new password for user ** e-mail address removed by moderator ** on poplatt.yahoo.com” right after getting off the phone with AT&T/Yahoo. Remember, my password was changed back to the original.

I installed Web-Mail-1.3.1 and Yahoo-1.3.2 via Daifne’s/moderator’s instructions. I still get “Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop.att.yahoo responded: invalid user/password.” Should I call AT&T/Yahoo again?

I’m still blocked from Get Mail at Thunderbird. So many people with the same problem. My suspicious mind asks is it possible for AT&T/Yahoo to discourage use of peripheral Email sites like Thunderbird through changes in their own system? I understand that AT&T/Yahoo is currently making some “changes” as mentioned on the phone message.

This person was told his problem was totally unrelated - I totally disagree! It is exactly relating to the password problems many of us are having and EXACTLY the problem I started having 2 days ago. Like Wave1001 I've used Thunderbird for at least a year with no problems (altho I would prefer an upgraded Netscape Communicator but TB is the closest I can find to it) - then suddenly I get a message saying "The server responded - but (and I forget the exact wording) the password was not accepted/recognized/whatever. So far I've just kept redoing it or clearing the password and retyping and it will work one time then screw up the next. This last time I added a 3 after the pop part of the settings for incoming mail - and it's worked twice so far. This was also after just downloading the new version of TB in hopes that would fix the problem - it did not. Clearly this is a serious bug in TB and may make it impossible to keep using it. I've been trying to find someone with the same problem - which I did with Wave1001 - but haven't seen anything that looked like it would solve the problem. I am a very long time customer of Prodigy. It's been sold or merged a few times and is now AT&T and yes they've made some changes lately but I don't believe it has anything to do with this password problem as webmail is not affected by it. If anyone has any real idea why this is happening please explain. Thank you.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

It's a different problem because paid (ISP provided) and free Yahoo accounts (which needs a helper program to work) are handled completely differently. Discussing the two different types of Yahoo accounts in the same topic would confuse everyone because of the differences. Thus the request for a new topic.
Guest 1159

Post by Guest 1159 »

Interesting concept, but I don't know what will happen to old account emails... Perhaps they could be sent to the web account and then the following could be implemented... I just set up my TB ATT email account and could send, but couldn't receive any mail as the pop.att.yahoo.com failed to be connect to the server. What I did again was add an account in the email settings account (click on Local Folder and Create Account) and it used the new setup (duplicate) email address. Be sure to use the full email address in the server setting user name. The outgoing port and default port went to 110 and there's no ssl authentication box checked and the security setting is set to never. In the advanced I didn't use the local folder to receive the mail in, but used the new email address (not sure about these logistics), which set up an additional inbox to the local folder in the TB program. I'm not brave enough to fool around with the local folder vs created email folder for fear of wiping the emails out (and I don't know what else), but all is working in sending and receiving and I'm a happy camper.
jhi

Post by jhi »

Thank you. I am new and this solved my problem!

Daifne wrote:That's what he's saying, but you don't need to pay Yahoo to get it to work. You just have to make sure that you are not in Classic mode on the site and that you have the extension set to use Beta Website. Classic and Production no longer work. This is due to changes at Yahoo.
Guest 1159

Post by Guest 1159 »

Btw my os is PC and Vista. I never used the following, but for those that belong to ATT, there's an interesting self support tool for email at http://helpme.att.net/article.php?item=3910, but proceed at your own caution. I'm wondering if a lot of problems are due to verification, there's an ATT procedure that addresses that too. It seems easiest to me to just move the email and create a new account, or create a second account and move all to that and re-create the first account.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Why are you talking about ATT Yahoo in a topic about plain Yahoo accounts? Your posts are totally unrelated to this topic.
gilcarvr

Post by gilcarvr »

i can't seem to get my thunderbird to set up a working yahoo account either... i have the webmail 1.3.2 installed, alng with webmail-yahoo 1.4.ob13...

but no matter what i do the webmail-yahoo options says "no yahoo accounts found"
Guest 1159

Post by Guest 1159 »

Daifine: According to the question at the top, I thought this is supposed to be about getting Thunderbird to work. Anyways; Thunderbird, ATT and Yahoo are intrinsically tied in with each other when one starts a TB setup with ATT; Ya? I spent 3 hours reading about the blogged problems with these three and listed my solutions to a repeated problem.

BTW I was getting emails from ATT about a lack of email security in regards to my TB pop mail not being set on SSL, so I changed it to SSL with no problem, but still haven't checked the "secured" box below it.