Thunderbird suddenly won't access webmail account

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Daifne

Re: Thunderbird suddenly won't access webmail account

Post by Daifne »

Guest 1159,
Daifne wrote:It's a different problem because paid (ISP provided) and free Yahoo accounts (which needs a helper program to work) are handled completely differently. Discussing the two different types of Yahoo accounts in the same topic would confuse everyone because of the differences. Thus the request for a new topic.
Duchess DeSade

Post by Duchess DeSade »

Okay. I'm paying attention to Daifne on this. I might need to be on a new topic but I think I'm on target.

I'm using Thunderbird which was working fine until this evening. My main account is Yahoo. I have YPOPS and have change no configurations since I installed Thunderbird over six months ago.

Suddenly I am getting a message which is "The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server localhost responded: message 1 could not be downloaded."

I clickOK and then cannot receive any emails. They are still on Yahoo, which is great, but shall I just say crap to Thunderbird? I don't understand why the developers don't have a more direct way of dealing with bugs.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I'm using Thunderbird which was working fine until this evening. My main account is Yahoo. I have YPOPS and have change no configurations since I installed Thunderbird over six months ago.

Suddenly I am getting a message which is "The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail server localhost responded: message 1 could not be downloaded."

I clickOK and then cannot receive any emails. They are still on Yahoo, which is great, but shall I just say crap to Thunderbird? I don't understand why the developers don't have a more direct way of dealing with bugs.

I've been getting this message too ("The RETR command did not succeed") and I've made absolutely no changes to my old yahoo account password-wise in the last year. It also happened straight after downloading a 'Mozilla upgrade'. I'll be moving back to Outlook shortly, which is a shame but in the circumstances needs must.

My old (and totally unchanged) account also gets a 'won't download message' but that has been the same since I first added it, never could get it to work.
swiet

Re: Thunderbird suddenly won't send webmail account

Post by swiet »

I can't send out email on thunderbird - need authentication procedure!
steviex

Post by steviex »

@ swiet We need a little more detail, please.....

What Email Provider are you using ?
What Helper Extensions are you using ? Are you using WebMail ? What version ?

What is the EXACT wording of the Error Message ?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
steviex

Post by steviex »

@ colinuk I have split your post to a new topic, HERE viewtopic.php?f=39&t=935185

This thread is for accounts that are accessed by way of the WebMail Extensions, or other Helper Applictions.
Accounts that use regular POP/SMTP access needs to be in a separate topic.

EDIT... ALL Discussion regarding the changes to HOTMAIL should be posted HERE viewtopic.php?f=39&t=924835
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
Tsagu

Post by Tsagu »

I have my thunderbird set for gmail and I have gmail set to re-route yahoo mail to it then thunderbird is too receive the mail. I have been getting mail but nothing has been happening at all.
steviex

Post by steviex »

Are you using the WEBMAIL EXTENSIONS for this, or do you have Gmail set up as a POP/IMAP account ?

If the former, we can carry on here...
If you have the latter, please start a new topic, as I suggested above..