Reinstalling Thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Thanks, Daifne - maybe it's the same issue as in the other post then and something Mac specific.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

You're welcome. I do suspect that it is Mac specific. The only times I have seen this was with Macs. I don't remember if there was ever a solution though. I'll check with Egidio.
Old Egidio

Post by Old Egidio »

A couple of months ago I was having problems receiving attachments. Sending worked fine, but receiving was the problem. Whenever I tried to open an Excel or PDF file, I'd get a message the attachment was busy or had been corrupted. I looked at the view actions in my attachment preferences in TBird and everything looked fine there. Then I started TBird on Safe Mode and realized the problem was an extension or theme. I couldn't figure out which, though. So, I created a new profile and reinstalled all my extensions. Somehow my TBird profile got corrupted for whatever reasons. With the new profile, I have not had any problems receiving my attachments. So, I'd suggest trying to run TBird on Safe Mode. If everything works normally, then the problem could be similar to what I experienced.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Following that other topic, FORDSON08 could start out with starting in Safe Mode; if this doesn't show improvement, deleting mimeTypes.rdf and see if it works then; otherwise start with a fresh profile.
FORDSON08

pdf issue resolved

Post by FORDSON08 »

Just wanted to let you know that this issue was resolved by going to config editor, then going to mail.content.disposition.type and changing the value from 0 to 1.
Thanks for all your help!
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

You are welcome! "mail.content.disposition.type"? Didn't know of that one, nothing shows up in the Knowledge Base by that name... interesting :)
Juaguelin

Re: Reinstalling Thunderbird

Post by Juaguelin »

Among other problems that causes to want to reinstall Thunderbird are: attach file function disabled, no copy of sent messages. Thanks!