Unable to use thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tvb000

Unable to use thunderbird

Post by tvb000 »

Hei
I have been using Thunderbird for the past 4years on my home computer which is a MAC to see and download my e-mail messages from my work IMAP server e-mail account without any problems. But Yesterday I started to get an error message that the TB can't contact my IMAP server and that I may have exceeded the maximum number of connections allowed to this server etc. I followed the advice on this message and tried to go into "Advanced" server setting and change the cache settings from 5 to 1 or 10. But this did not help. Since I don't use Thunderbird from my work PC I am unable to contact and get help from Thunderbird. I must add that There is nothing wrong with the server or my mail account because I am able to access the mail from this IMAP server through the OUTLOOK using my web browser and the use name and password for my IMAP account. How do I get out of this mess?
alanrf

Post by alanrf »

In another forum whenever I see the "maximum connections" error message it normally indicates that an attempt has been made to install two antivirus packages at the same time or that an antivirus has not been properly uninstalled before a new product installed.

Have you made any changes to antivirus, firewall or other network software recently?