MozillaZine

Error 0x800cce05 (Exchange IMAP)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mattsday
 
Posts: 11
Joined: July 27th, 2003, 6:20 pm

Post Posted September 7th, 2007, 10:30 am

Hi all,
I'm getting a bizarre message when trying to connect to our corp. Exchange environment.

"Unrecognized internal error: 0x800cce05"

This happens when I configure Thunderbird to point at our corp. mail server on both OS X and Windows. I have Mail.app (Mac OS X's default mail client) working just fine with the same settings...

Anyone got any experience/ideas on this one?

Matt
Now there's one hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is!

tanstaafl
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 39424
Joined: July 30th, 2003, 5:06 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Post Posted September 7th, 2007, 12:13 pm

I found http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/i ... 47152.html
which describes the same problem. Use webmail or another email client to see if one of your new messages uses S/MIME.

There have also been a couple of threads with weird problems that were traced to the anti-virus scan they used in Exchange not liking a specific attachment.

If it helps, you can use POP or IMAP logging to see exactly what the mail server returns. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Session_logging_for_mail/news

mattsday
 
Posts: 11
Joined: July 27th, 2003, 6:20 pm

Post Posted September 8th, 2007, 7:25 am

Tanstaafl,
Thanks for your swift response. Unfortunately, I tried clearing out all my inbox and still got the same error (even after deleting all my folders) -- so I don't think it's a lingering S/MIME problem.

I also get the same problem on the Windows version of Thunderbird - and interestingly Outlook Express, so it seems it's a server problem. It's weird that Apple's Mail.app works just fine with the same IMAP settings...

Matt
Now there's one hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is!

mattsday
 
Posts: 11
Joined: July 27th, 2003, 6:20 pm

Post Posted December 10th, 2007, 10:50 am

OK, I know this is pretty old, but I'm updating it in case others get a similar issue.

To fix it, I connected manually to the server via pop:
<pre>
telnet **EMAIL SERVER** 110
Trying ...............
Connected to **EMAIL SERVER**.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 POP3 server version 6.5.7638.1 (..) ready.
USER **USERNAME**
+OK
PASS **PASSWORD**
+OK User successfully logged on.
stat
+OK 280 30816675
retr 1
Unknown Error: 0x800cce05
dele 1
quit
</pre>

I then connected again via Thunderbird and ALL WAS OK!

Matt
Now there's one hoopy frood who really knows where his towel is!

Return to Thunderbird Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests