Thunderbird and IMAP

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
bjrnove

Thunderbird and IMAP

Post by bjrnove »

Is it possible to get Thunderbird to check more than just inbox on interval? I have tried to find a possibility to chose who folders for download on interval but did not succed.

Someone please help me, or tell me if this is an Idea for the programers. If so I can post it in the right forum.
--
bjrnove

Bjørn Ove Hay Andersen
bjrnove

Post by bjrnove »

bjrnove wrote:Is it possible to get Thunderbird to check more than just inbox on interval? I have tried to find a possibility to chose who folders for download on interval but did not succed.

Someone please help me, or tell me if this is an Idea for the programers. If so I can post it in the right forum.
I found the answer my self, but if anyone else wonder:

-Right click on the folder
-Properties
-Check the checkbox "Check for new messages"
-Do the above for each folder you want to be checked.
--
bjrnove

Bjørn Ove Hay Andersen
Dragon2H

Post by Dragon2H »

Could it be possible to include a new feature in the next release which will allow to have a special checkbox for an IMAP account which will mark ALL subdirectories as "Check for new messages" ?

I have several IMAP accounts with each times more than 20 directories, and each time I install Mozilla on a new computer (or with a new reinstalled OS), I need to mark all these directories as "Check for new messages" and it takes time.

--
Dragon
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I think the 'get all messages' extension might do what you want.

http://texturizer.net/thunderbird/exten ... 20Messages
jtoad

Post by jtoad »

Is there not an entry for prefs.js that does exactly this? Or is it just 'Check all folders on startup'. I forget.
jth
anon

Post by anon »

you can add user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true); to the user.js file.