date missing in received emails

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
love_it

date missing in received emails

Post by love_it »

installed some new extensions yest and today and all of sudden today noticed date is missing in received emails. Only time shows. Looked everywhere to find a setting for this, none anywhere. Date shows up in webmail for my ISP and in OE (both when I send and receive in OE) but sending from OE to thunderbird only shows time. Can anyone help? Did an extension cause this problem? Or maybe when I copied the profile from one computer to other so I could have all mails in both computers? How can I fix this? It makes for a confusing inbox if the date is missing..... Thanks.
technomage

Post by technomage »

By default TB shows only the time for emails that have arrived on the current day. If you look back to emails from yesterday, or last week, they should have the date.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 932#303932

Here is some info on how to reconfigure TB so that it shows the date and time how you want it, just in case you want the date there all the time.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4
Mozilla Thunderbird version 1.5.0.4 (20060516)
Desktop: WinXP Pro | AthlonXP 1700+ | 512MB DDR | ATI Radeon 9000
Laptop: WinXP Home | Intel Centrino Solo 1.66 GHz | 1024 MB DDR2 | Intel GMA 950 Graphphi

Post by Guest »

technomage wrote:By default TB shows only the time for emails that have arrived on the current day. If you look back to emails from yesterday, or last week, they should have the date.

Thank you!!! Why I could not the info in search, search returned too many pages and I got frustrated. Have been using tb for about 9 mos (I think) and why I never noticed that behavior until today is surprising! This is first prob I noticed, love the prog. Using Firebird (started firefox yesterday) for as long, just yest figured out how to get java applets to run (fell back on IE when I had to). I absolutely love both programs, they are my stepping stone to migrating to Linux......... Thanks again!

love_it