RETR Command on Mozilla Thunderbird Error retrieving message

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird

Re: RETR Command on Mozilla Thunderbird Error retrieving message

Post by Guest »

I have this exact same problem. I always lose the first message, as a result. In other words, upon retrieval, tb may show initially downloading 15 messages. Then once the error comes, upon a second attempt to retrieve, only 14 messages come down. The first one was lost.
timlvs2div

Post by timlvs2div »

OK I had the same problem and here is how I fixed it. There was more than one mail message causing the problem. Remove all your messages from the yahoo inbox to another temp folder. When you say "Get Mail" it will cycle correctly. Now put small groups of email back in the inbox and do the get mail. If it fails read those messages or just delete them from the yahoo inbox. Should correct your problem
16DNG

Post by 16DNG »

I had the same problem, with yahoo servers. THE SOLUTION was to empty spam folder from the yahoo html server, and then retry to recive the mail in thunderbird. For some unknown reason the first time thunderbird trys to download the "readed" spam folder (because i marked them as readed in OTHER computer THAT HAS THE SAME THUNDERBIRD WITH SAME CONFIGURATION BUT WITHOUT PROBLEMS) it fails. so there is the problem and solution explanation

for any question my mail is (email removed)

[edit]Email address removed. No mail support offered here but harvesting robots are possible. danraisch (moderator)[/edit]
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thank you for your input but you have posted to a thread that died out eight months ago. It is unlikely that the original participants are still looking for input.

Locking this thread due to the age of the original posts.